The National Observatory on Domestic Violence enjoys the patronage of the Ministry of the Interior. It is supported and sponsored by the Veneto Region Department for Human Rights and Department of Health and has been approved by the Ministry of Justice given to the Inter-Agency Committee
The ONVD activity of is the result of many people's job, (undergraduates and criminologists, U.O. di Pronto Soccorso - first aid unit staff, general practitioners, family counselling staff, agents of the Polizia di Stato - state police, of Carabinieri – national military police, local police and magistrates). Thanks to their specific skills each and every one contributes to the identification of many forms of abuse and violence and at the same time to the indication of the necessary operational acts.
The ONVD working group
The internal working group of the ONVD is formed by specialized staff with different knowledge and training. It operates in close contact with external cooperators, academic professors and specialists from various disciplines, in order to allow an efficient analysis and a multidisciplinary approach to the phenomenon.
- Marina Bacciconi - Scientific Supervisor - Coroner University of Verona
- Sara Beltrame -Staff - Graduating in neuroscience
- Sonia Bertolaso - Staff -Coroner University of Verona
- Barbara Masera - Staff -Educator of community psychiatry
- Elisa Montoli - Staff -Sociologist
- Roberto Padrini - Staff -Degree in Nursing
- Silvia Rossi - Staff -Criminologist
The ONVD external collaborators
- Giovanni Battilotti -General Practitioner - ULSS 5
- Francesco Buonocore - Medical Director ULSS 6 (Vicenza)
- Rita Corsa - Psychiatrist Psychoanalyst Doctor and Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Bicocca University, Milan
- Pierluigi Granata - Head of Guardia di Finanza – Veneto Region
- Giovanna Marani - Social Worker Prison UEPE - External Penal Execution Office - Verona
- Pierpaolo Martucci - Criminologist, Lawyer, Professor of Criminal Anthropology – University of Trieste
- Claudio Menon - Chairman SIMEU Veneto - Italian Society of Emergency Medicine
- Carlo Alberto Romano - Professor of Criminology - University of Brescia
- Giuliano Santin -Judicial Police - Procura of Verona (public prosecutor's office)
The ONVD network
The activity of the ONVD is made possible thanks to the complex system of network and partnership, which involves the health care facilities (U.O. First Aid staff and SUEM 118, general practitioners, paediatricians and workers of health and social service), the prevention and repression facilities (workers of the Carabinieri, the State Police and the local police), the magistrates operating in criminal and civil law, and the criminal enforcement facilities. The ONVD and its network enjoy the patronage of the Ministry of the Interior, gained the support and the operational support of the Prefectures, the favorable opinion of the Inter-agency Committee of the Ministry of Justice, the authorization of Penalty Execution Department of the Ministry of Justice, and the adhesion of the Conference of Mayors in the territory of the competent Local Health Authorities. The ONVD and its network operate with the support of the Veneto Region - Department of Human Rights and Department of Health - and the Province of Brescia.
The ONVD network is composed of:
Prefectures of Verona, Treviso, Vicenza and Brescia, Bergamo
Prosecutors of Rovigo, Verona, Brescia, Crema, Mantua Rovigo, Padua, Treviso, Verona, Venice, Vicenza, Brescia, Crema, Cremona, Mantua
Carabinieri of Veneto and East Lombardy
State Police in the provinces of Verona, Treviso, Vicenza, Venice
Municipal Police of the territories pertinent to the Companies and Local Health Authorities ASL and ULSS involved
Office of External Penalty Executions (UEPE) Triveneto
Office Convict and Treatment (UDT) Triveneto
Local Health Authorities and Hospitals of Veneto and East Lombardy
AZIENDA ULSS n. 2 - FELTRE (BL) p.s.
AZIENDA ULSS n. 3 - BASSANO DEL GRAPPA (VI) p.s.
AZIENDA ULSS n.. 4 - ALTO VICENTINO TCO
AZIENDA ULSS n. 5 - OVEST VICENTINO in activation
AZIENDA ULSS n. 6 - VICENZA TCO + p.s.
AZIENDA ULSS n. 7 - PIEVE DI SOLIGO TCO
AZIENDA ULSS n. 8 - ASOLO TCO + p.s.
AZIENDA ULSS n. 9 - TREVISO TCO
AZIENDA ULSS n. 10 - VENETO ORIENTALE TCO
AZIENDA ULSS n. 12 - VENEZIANA p.s.
AZIENDA ULSS n. 13 - MIRANO in activation
AZIENDA ULSS n. 14 - CHIOGGIA in activation
AZIENDA ULSS n. 15 - ALTA PADOVANA in activation
AZIENDA ULSS n. 16 - PADOVA in activation
AZIENDA ULSS n. 17 - ESTE p.s.
AZIENDA ULSS n. 18 - ROVIGO p.s.
AZIENDA ULSS n. 19 - ADRIA p.s
AZIENDA ULSS n. 20 - VERONA TCO + p.s.
AZIENDA ULSS n. 21 - LEGNAGO TCO + p.s.
AZIENDA ULSS n. 22 - BUSSOLENGO TCO + p.s.
AZIENDA OSPEDALIERA DI PADOVA in activation
AZIENDA OSPEDALIERA UNIVERSITARIA INTEGRATA DI VERONA TCO. p.s.
AZIENDA OSPEDALI RIUNITI di BRESCIA in activation
AZIENDA OSPEDALIERA DESENZANO in activation
AZIENDA OSPEDALIERA/ALS VAL CAMONICA in activation
ASL BRESCIA in activation
P.S. = First Aid
T.C.O. = Operational Coordination Tables